COSD: A Challenging Object Segmentation Dataset
The COSD is a large-scale RGB-D dataset aiming to address the challenging object segmentation problem. This dataset contains 8,060 RGB-D images from 14 scenes with three semantic classes in terms of highly reflective objects, highly transparent objects and background. We use an iPad 2018 equipped with a Structure Sensor to capture these RGB-D images. For challenging objects, we consider common types of them (mainly including glass products, mirrors, plastic and metal) with different size, shape and color. For scenes, the COSD dataset contains 14 unique scenes (e.g. livingroom, bathroom, office, etc). Finally, we use Labelme(https://github.com/wkentaro/labelme) to annotate these images manually. Some demos in our COSD dataset are shown in Fig.1.
Fig.1. Demos of the COSD datset. The Depth image is colorized for visualization. The black, green and red in the semantic map represent the background, highly reflective and highly transparent objects respectively.
BaiDu Cloud: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1_6futSh0YQ6l-4aR890VFw Password: 6q88
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IsRGO2HyRPwDcLR0euZgppB13T0pvV3F/view?usp=sharing
You can download the training set of the COSD via the proposed links. Afterdownloading the train.zip file, please send an email at email@example.com to get the password of this file. The test set is not available now.
- § The COSD dataset contains 8,060 RGB-D images (4,421 for training and 3,639 RGB-D images for test).
- § Some depth values are missing due to the RGB-D sensor. The depth is saved as .png image in millimeter.
- § We also provide the hha images caculated from the raw depth and camera parameters.
- § In the semantic mask, 0, 1, 2 represent the background, highly transparent objects and highly reflective objects respectively.
Citing the dataset
Guodong Zhang; Guijin Wang; Zhibin Xiao; Yang Li; Wenming Yang; Sifan Yang; Jing-hao Xue
Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
For questions about the dataset, contact Guijin Wang: firstname.lastname@example.org
This COSD dataset is made freely available to academic and non-academic entities for non-commercial purposes such as academic research, teaching, scientific publications, or personal experimentation.
- 1.Although every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, we (Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University) do not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions.
- 2. That you include a reference to the COSD Dataset in any work that makes use of the dataset.
- 3. That you do not distribute this dataset or modified versions.
- 4. That you may not use the dataset or any derivative work for commercial purposes as, for example, licensing or selling the data, or using the data with a purpose to procure a commercial gain.
- 5. That all rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us (Department of Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University).